Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury
Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, Macalester College
- Pellegrini, J. and Jansen, E.M. The Mayo Innovation Scholars Program: Undergraduates explore the science and economics of medical innovations, Journal of College Science Teaching, in press, 2012.
- Jansen, E.M., Solberg, L., Underhill, S., Wilson, S., Cozzari, C., Hartman, B.K., Faris, P.L. and Low, W.C. Transplantation of fetal neocortex ameliorates sensorimotor and locomotor deficits following neonatal ischemic-hypoxic brain injury in rats, Experimental Neurology, 147(2): 487-497, 1997.
- Jansen, E.M. and Low, W.C. Quantitative Analysis of Contralateral Hemisphere Hypertrophy and Sensorimotor Performance in Adult Animals Following Unilateral Neonatal Ischemic-Hypoxic Brain Injury, Brain Research, 708: 93-99, 1996.
- Jansen, E.M. and Low, W.C. Long Term Effects of Neonatal Ischemic-Hypoxic Brain Injury on Sensorimotor and Locomotor Tasks in Rats, Behavioural Brain Research, 78: 189-194, 1996.
- Blount, J.P., Kondoh, T., Jansen, E.M., Pundt, L.L., and Low, W.C. Immunobiology of Neural Transplants and Functional Incorporation of Grafted Dopamine Neurons, Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 18: 48-49, 1995.
- Jansen, E.M. and Low, W.C. Plasticity and Reorganization in Neural Injury and Neural Grafting. In: Threats to Optimal Development: Integrating Biological, Psychological and Social Risk Factors, C.A. Nelson (Ed.), New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Press, 1994.
- Jansen, E.M., Haycock, D., Ward, S.J., and Seybold, V.S. Distribution of Cannabinoid Receptors in Rat Brain Determined with Aminoalkylindoles. Brain Research, 575:93-102, 1992.
Honors and Awards:
- 1992 and 1995, President's Leadership and Service Award, University of Minnesota
- 1993-1996, Individual Pre-Doctoral National Research Service Award, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health
- 1996, Patrick J Manning Research Award