UNDERGRAD INSTITUTION AND MAJOR:
New York University, BA, Anthropology, 2010
Karen Mesce, Ph.D, Department of Entomology
DESCRIPTION OF GRADUATE RESEARCH
I study the neural mechanisms underlying functional recovery from injury in an invertebrate model.
- Motor Control, Muscle Function, & Disease
- Synaptic Plasticity & Learning
- Tay Netoff, Ph.D., Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Karen Mesce, Ph.D, Department of Entomology
- Cheryl Olman, Ph.D., Department of Psychology
- Mark Thomas, Ph.D., Departments of Neuroscience and Psychology
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE MN?
I chose Minnesota because it has the equipment and resources of a large school combined with the collaborative culture of a small school.
STUDENT MENTOR AND THE BEST ADVICE THEY GAVE.
Adele DeNicola: How to study for the core courses.